Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I just had to buy…but are still sitting on my bookshelf





There are SO many amazing YA authors and most of them write multiple awesome books. Sounds great right? Well, it is, but there's also a problem. I can't read all the books at once, but I still HAVE to buy them!

And then there's the problem of discovering a new author. They wrote HOW many books before this amazing piece of literary perfection? *logs onto Amazon* *buys all the books*

Just to be clear, the reason these wonderful books are sitting on my shelf unread isn't because I'm not super excited to read them. I just haven't gotten to them, yet. 




The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

I'll admit, I was first interested in this book because of it's amazing cover (and it looks really good undressed to). Before I buy a book, I usually read sample pages from Amazon. After reading the first few lines, I was hooked! I'm very excited to hop on The Beginning of Everything roller coaster (not literally because…well…I've read the first three chapters!

2


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I love the concept of Fangirl and I am really excited to read it! The only problem: I just graduated from college and I need a little break from that scene.


3


Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

I'm also excited to read Burn for Burn, but I like to binge read series' that are finished or almost finished. When I found out the third book in this trilogy was being released this coming September, I decided to put Burn for Burn off until later in the summer. 


4


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Hold up! This is a series too?! I'm very excited that this is a series, because Epicreads.com suggests this books to fans of The Distance Between Us by Kasie West and I LOVED that book. However, the next book doesn't come out until 2015! That's like…a million, bajillion years from now.


5


Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

I discovered the brilliance of Morgan Matson after I received an ARC of Since You've Been Gone at the end of April. I've read a few pages of this book already (free sample on Amazon) and I really liked it. The characters seem intriguing and real! Plus, I was looking through this book and Morgan Matson actually took the road trip from the book! How awesome this that?


6


Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

I've been wanting to read this book for a while, but I'm even more excited about it after reading The Secrets of Lily Graves (Strohmeyer's newest release). The Secrets of Lily Graves was my first Strohmeyer book, but it won't be my last. I'm also very excited to read How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True!


7



I love a good mystery! I don't know much about this book, but it seems like it has elements of Pretty Little Liars, The Secrets of Lily Graves, and No One Else Can Have You (three of my favorite TV shows/books). 


8


Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley

Honestly, my next read is going to be Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Healsey (her newest release). Where I Belong sounds really good too, but I'm just not feeling it right now. 


9


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

This book sounds great! I read the first few chapters (free sample on Amazon) and I really liked the characters and the idea of the book of dares. But…this has been the longest winter ever. It's finally sunny and warm outside and I just can't bring myself to read a book set in December. 


10



I started reading this in mid-April when it was released. It's a cute story and I do want to finish reading it. I was a little less than halfway through this book before I found out it wan't a stand alone. Maybe I'll finish it in a few weeks or maybe I'll wait until the next book comes out. 



Let's chat!

Have you read any of these books?

What books did you just have to buy, but are still sitting on your shelf?





2 comments:

  1. I liked Viera! I often quote one of her poems too.
    New Follower!
    http://she-read.blogspot.com/2014/05/top-ten-tuesdays-books-about-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I didn't know she wrote poetry.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting =)

      Delete