Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Don't Call Me Baby


"Imogene's mother has been writing an incredibly embarrassing, and incredibly popular, blog about her since before she was born. Hundreds of thousands of perfect strangers knew when Imogene had her first period. Imogene's crush saw her "before and after" orthodontia photos. But Imogene is fifteen now, and her mother is still blogging about her, in gruesome detail, against her will. 
When a mandatory school project compels Imogene to start her own blog, Imogene is reluctant to expose even more of her life online…until she realizes that the project is the opportunity she's been waiting for to tell the truth about her life under the virtual microscope and to define herself for the first time" (Description from Goodreads). 










I read Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley in one day, which is rare for me. THAT is how much I LOVED this book! 

Don't Call Me Baby is a fast read filled with laugh-out-loud moments, a crazy-fun family, and a whole lot of awesomeness.

1. The characters are real and the dialogue was very believable. I didn't really connect on a personal level with any of the characters, but I loved them all.

2. Imogene's grandmother is hilarious! I loved her advice and her little sayings. When Epic Reads hosts The *book shimmy* Awards at the end of the year, I'm nominating Imogene's grandmother for "Secondary Character in Most Need of Her Own Book"

3. Incorporating the blog posts was great. Reading Imogene's blog and comparing it to her mom's posts was fun. It's always interesting to see how different people/characters see the same situation.

4. The blog posts were very believable - the tone and style were exactly what I would imagine from a mommy blog.


I'd tell you more, but I don't want to spoil anything!



Let's Chat!


Have you read Don't Call Me Baby?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment