Monday, June 9, 2014

What to do now?


Being sick is awful. 

When I first started showing symptoms, I was in major project mode. I powered through my sniffles and ignored the pressure in my head. 

A day and a half later, I was completely sidelined. Standing was exhausting. Naturally, being the book nerd that I am, I turned to my bookshelf. I picked up To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - a book I started in April, but was having a hard time finishing. Turns out, To All The Boys is the perfect book to read when you are sick. The chapters are super short so you don't have to commit to reading a big chunk at a time. 

Do you only stop reading a book after you finish a chapter? Or do you stop whenever you feel like it?

I read about 100 pages, but the pressure in my head was excruciating. 




I put the book down and popped the forth season of Pretty Little Liars into my DVD player. I practically watched the entire season in one day. I parked myself in front of the TV with a box of tissues, a trashcan, and plenty of fluids.








The next day, I felt even more miserable. 

Enter: A Covert Affairs marathon. I watched most of the first season and part of the second season.











Yesterday I was not feeling much better. Cue a Castle marathon, season one and part of two.

After a visit to the Med Station, I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and given a perception. 





I am feeling a bit better, but I still plan to have another TV marathon today. The only question now: What to watch? NCIS, NCIS LA, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles…



Let's Chat!
What do you do when you are too sick to read?



No comments:

Post a Comment