Tuesday, July 9, 2013

642 Things to Write About: A woman, her husband, and a former lover?



"Write a scene in which a person is leaving a restaurant with her husband and bumps into a former lover."

It was the most gut-wrenching feeling, a husband and a jealous, former lover meeting--and in a crowded restaurant no less. I reached for my husbands hand. We skirted around the edge of the seating hostess' station, but it was no use. He spotted us. My husband recognized him instantly. He positioned himself between me and my old flame. The sparks had fizzled out long ago, but that didn't stop my husband from confronting him, "She's not interested."

My ex didn't say a thing. Instead, he maneuvered  around my husband and leaned in for a kiss. Without hesitation, my husband thrust is fist towards my former lover. Then we darted to the car.


Reference (because plagiarizing isn't cool)
The San Francisco Writers' Grotto. (2011). 642 things to write about. San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment