Thursday, October 24, 2013

Books Galore!



There are so many books in the world. It's difficult to choose just one. Earlier in the week, we talked about GoodReads and how it helps you find amazing books to read, but it can't choose what book you should read next. I currently have over 70 books on my GoodReads to-read list. Deciding which one to read, now that's a challenge.

Last week, I was mourning over the end of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls Series. I needed to fill the void left by the end of the series and the only way to do that was to find another book, but which one? I wasn't sure if I was ready to read another series just yet so I narrowed my pool to finishing the half-read biography I started a few months ago, a novella, or a stand-alone--still a huge pool of books to choose from. 

Then I did something dangerous! *dramatic pause* I searched for Sara Shepard's Lying Game Series on Amazon.com. I really wanted to start reading this series, but again, I just wasn't sure if I could commit. Now for the dangerous part: I read the teaser chapters! *dun dun dun...* I was hooked! Then another dilemma struck! Even with Amazon Prime, I would have to wait two whole days for my books to arrive. I couldn't be book-less! Then I had to decide between the half-read biography and the only novella on my GoodReads list: Ally Carter's Double Crossed, which is a free e-book on Amazon. 

Okay, okay. It wasn't too big of a dilemma. I've been violently ill all week and I was in the mood to be swept up in a new, fictional world so I read Double Crossed until the first three books in the Lying Game Series arrived on my doorstep. 

----------------

How do you choose what to read next? Tell me about it or share your book dilemma in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment