Thursday, July 10, 2014

Shelf Life #1


Like most bookish people, I take great pride in my bookshelf.

As some of you know, when I purchase a new hardcover or paperback book, I post a Welcome to the Shelf message (for Kindle books, I post a Welcome to the Kindle message). For my Welcome to the Shelf messages, I make a collage of 3 pictures (1 of the cover, 1 of the author's name, and 1 of the book on the shelf. Also, sometimes I add a picture of an undress hardcover if it has a distinctive color or design).

Why? Because, who doesn't love to stare at pictures of books!

Plus, one of the major ways I decide if I want to purchase a physical copy verses a Kindle edition is based on the cover art and the spine art (and it can be difficult to find pictures of spine art).

Anywho…I've rearranged my bookshelf and now most of my books have new shelf-mates.

From left to right: No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale, Pivot Point by Kasie West, The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer, Where I Belong by Gweldolyn Heasley, Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeryer,  Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, My Life Next Door by Huntely Fitzpatrick, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson



From left to right: Seven Minutes in Heaven by Sara Shepherd, Cross My Heart and Hope to Die by Sara Shepherd, Hide and Seek by Sara Shepherd, Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams, Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian, Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn, Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider, No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale




From left to right: Behind the Curtain by Peter Abrahams, The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Messenger by Lois Lowry, The Tutor by Peter Abrahams, Now You See Her by Jacquelyn Mitchard, my journal from my trip to Greece, Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin 


From left to right: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, Into the Dark by Peter Abrahams, Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson, The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes, The Lying Game by Sara Shepherd, Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepherd, Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepherd, Taken by Erin Bowman, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Reality Check by Peter Abrahams, Coraline by Neil Gaiman, Number the Stars by Lois Lowry







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shelf!! The little tissue box that says "In Case Of Feels" kills me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the idea for the tissue box from Epicreads.com - they have a printable template and everything! It's been a great addition to my shelf =)

      Delete